Ronnie Wood has backtracked on recent comments he made to the press that The Rolling Stones would be heading into the studio later this month. The guitarist said last week at the opening of his “Faces, Time and Places” art exhibit in New York City that he and his longtime band mates would be getting together “to just throw some ideas around.”
However, speaking with Billboard over the weekend during the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction festivities, Wood maintained that his remarks had been taken out of context. “I heard from [Mick] Jagger; he’s going, ‘What the hell?! We don’t know anything yet!'” shared Wood. “And I said, ‘you know what [the media] are like. I just expressed my personal view; I would love to go into the studio.’ Then they took it all wrong.”
Wood then declared, “So I have to make a personal apology to the rest of the band. I didn’t mean to say things out of line.”
Wood, who was inducted into the Rock Hall as a member of The Faces on Saturday, added that The Stones were still moving forward with plans to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
“Whatever is going to be done, we will know in the next few months,” he said.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Recent posts in Classic Hits News