It looks like Paul McCartney is on the road to recovery.  The organizers of the rock legend’s tour of Japan have issued a statement announcing that the former Beatle left the country on Monday after being treated for a virus that forced him to postpone the trek.

According to a translation, the message says, “Paul has recovered from his illness, checked out of the hotel before noon…and left Japan on a chartered flight.”  The organizers add that McCartney is hoping to return to the country “for more concerts as soon as possible,” while noting that they plan to negotiate with his representative with regard to scheduling new dates.

This past week, McCartney’s spokeswoman confirmed that the star had been admitted to a Japanese hospital after he announced the concert cancellations.

“Since contracting a virus last week that led to the postponement of tour dates, Paul received successful medical treatment at a hospital in Tokyo,” said a statement issued to ABC News Radio.  “He will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days rest.  Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world.”

McCartney postponed a total of five Japanese concerts and one show in Seoul, South Korea, because of his illness.  His next scheduled performance takes place on June 14 in Lubbock, Texas.

Follow @ABCNewsRadio Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio